Friday, May 24, 2013

5-24-13


Noelle is now 4.5 months old. Her little personality is now shining through in her loud, high-pitched noises. They are so freakin cute! She's incredibly expressive! She screeches all the time, when she's happy or curious and even when she's getting frustrated. She's still in crawling position but has mastered rolling. We don't really carry her over our shoulder anymore, sort of a high hip carry. She is grabbing at EVERYTHING: cups, plates, forks, paperwork... everything! She grabs for everything now and puts it straight into her mouth. She's been sucking her thumb recently and its really darn cute. She's been sleeping a lot and eating a ton! Definitely another growth spurt. Still no teeth yet which is really surprising. I feel like she's been showing teething symptoms forever. I can see a little white on the top of part of her gums though. I think that's the teeth popping up.

She's been spending a lot of time with grandma lately. I'm having my lap band surgically removed soon which means my Mom will be going back to Oregon for a while. I think its really good that they spend lots of time together. She really enjoys her grandma a lot. I feel really lucky to have someone here to give us a break sometimes. We've been really fortunate to have someone we trust available to take care of her while we get things done or unwind. It'll be really hard when my Mom leaves. I suppose it's just another stage of life to get used to. I feel confident that we'll do the best we can. Noelle is really lucky to have so many people that love her as much as we do.

She's a great little traveler in her car seat. We give her her Sophie Giraffe and some teething rings & she just makes funny noises or kicks her feet & falls asleep from the engine hum. As long as she gets out every hour- she's peachy.

I am falling more and more in love with her. I cannot wait to wake up in the morning and see her smiling face. She's absolutely delightful & wonderful. More soon.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment